Thursday, October 13, 2011

Wedding Program


This is the wedding program from my mom and dad's wedding. We found it while we were going through old things. My mom did the design, layout, and paste-up herself. She shot the photos using the stat camera at her work with the screens that they had for doing that. She had one of the typesetters at work set the type for her, then she shot it with the stat camera so that she could put it on clear film to use it as an overlay over the photos. Then the took the whole thing to a printer to get it printed. I really like the way the pictures are put behind the words. If there were no pictures, the program would be very boring. I also like the the type on the front. It is elegant and looks like handwriting. I really like this piece because of the way it was made.  While my mom was describing the process to me, I found it very fascinating. This program was put together very well for not having a computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment